Jim Harshaw Jr. has learned many life lessons on the wrestling mat. And he’s learned that failure, struggle and setbacks are not only an inevitable part of life but a necessary step on the path to success. He’s been a Division I All American and won three ACC Championships for the University of Virginia, trained at the Olympic Training Center and competed overseas for Team USA, where he’s experienced significant triumph and devastating defeat. He relates those powerful lessons of failure, struggle and setback to empower his audiences to overcome their own challenges and achieve success despite their inevitable failures. Jim is a speaker, executive coach and host of the Success Through Failure podcast.
In this Episode You’ll Learn:
- What Jim’s daughter absolutely does not want! Lol.
- How and why getting clarity on your core values will help you reach your goals.
- Four steps to help you reach meaningful goals.
- What you can learn about goal setting from playing sports.
- How to understand the value in failure and reframe it as a stepping stone on the path to success.
- How working on your weaknesses can sometimes lead to finding your purpose.
- And so much more!!!
Hot Seat Scenario:
Jim chose to swap places with Person A who is living check to check but spends 2 to 3 hours a day online or watching TV to wind down. He believes that when you do the work to get clear on your values, everything changes. He suggests using some of your down time to listen to material that can inform or educate you. Jim also states that being clear on your values will make it easier to say no to the things that are not in alignment with your values and goals and that will allow you to say yes to things that are in alignment.
Go Get Jim’s FREE Resources
Free Strategy Session (subscribe to the mailing list and reply to the email you receive and request the session)
Motivational Quote or Mantra:
There’s two pains in life. The pain of discipline and the pain of regret.
How to Contact: